How about you are making toasts in the kitchen and listening to music simultaneously without any additional device like mobile, tape-recorder or a walkman. And it is possible now. Breville VTT296 2-slice Radio Toster has a radio loaded in it. Now people can listen to their favorite breakfast show, while they are making breakfast. So should rather classify this in a strange category of 2-in-1 toaster. The toasts are heated in music or music to your toasts too. Amazingly funny and vice a versa. The parent company is into the business of making kitchen appliances since last 79 years.
The toaster part has two slots for toasting both thin and thick breads. De-frost blue illuminated control buttons for toasting, reheat and mid-cycle cancel. It also has an auxiliary input to connect mp3 digital music players, such as an iPod.
- Two slot two slice black toaster with integrated FM/AM radio
- Variable browning control and variable width slots for thick and thin bread slices
- Features include reheat, defrost, mid-cycle cancel
- Extra-high lift for easy toast removal
- Non-slip base and cord storage
- Fitted with a removable crumb tray for easy cleaning
- Easy to use blue illuminated toasting control buttons
- Illuminated digital display
- Preset graphic equalizer
- 10 preset radio channels
The parent company is based in Australia and has sold more than four lakh units and had made its name in international markets.
After this a number of companies tried experiments with different home appliances. During this time Electrolux tried making Scan Toaster. This toaster was actually a computer printer / heater that allow you to print a customized pattern on your toast. And in this series in the year 2001 Brunel University created a magical toaster that actually printed a graph of weather prediction, which was perhaps limited to sunny or clowdy on a piece of bread.