Lenovo has launched ThinkPad X1 Laptop on Monday. The company claims it to be the slimmest laptop in the business or enterprise segment.
Lenovo India Managing Director Amar Babu said that the company is the fastest growing company in the market from the last year. He said that the growth of business in India is distributed among the consumer, enterprise, retail and SMB segments. Last year, the company’s sales increased 2 times and it captured the market share of 10%.
Babu said that the overall market grew by 25% in the last year while the manufacturer grew by 60%. This shows that they are very ahead even than the entire market growth. The main segment which experienced the increase was SMB one, which almost doubled while the other 2 ones (enterprise and consumer segments) reported 20% increase.
This notebook is targeted mainly for the enterprise segment.
The managing director further complimented and said that 300 outlets were opened in 2010 and in 2011; their plan is to open atleast 1,000 Exclusive Stores LES in the tier-5 and tier-4. In 2011, they have already opened 400 exclusive outlets.
The manufacturer’s main aim is to target the rural areas. For making this success, they have already opened 18 LES at various places in Bihar.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Pros
• Lenovo ThinkPad X1 features of scratch proof Corning Gorilla Glass.
• It has APS (Active Protection System) that can sustain all the shocks.
• The display is of 13.3 inches.
• It is quite a compact notebook and weighs 1.7 kg.
• Further, the manufacturer claims that the 80% battery is charged just within half an hour.
• It has Dolby Home Theater.
• It has Intel i5 Processor and a long battery life of 10 hours.
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Cons
• The battery doesn’t last as long as it’s claimed by the company to run for continuously 10 hours.
• The Gorilla Glass Screen produces a lot of sharpness.
• For 13.3” screen, I think 1.7 kg weight is not so less.
Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Features
• Processor – Intel Core i5
• Screen – 13.3” HD Superbright LCD with Gorilla Glass
• Operating System – Windows Professional 64 bit
• Battery Life – 10 hours
• RAM – 3 GB DDR3
• Solid State Disk – 160 GB
• Weight – 1.7 kg (3.7 pounds)
• Keyboard – Backlit
• Webcam as Low-Light
Price of Lenovo Thinkpad X1 in India
The slim notebook will be charged at a starting price of Rs. 90,000.