Baby potatoes – 1 kg
Olive oil – 250 ml
Red chili sauce – 2 tbsp
Dried red chilies – 2 no.
Green chili – 2 no.
White vinegar – 2 tbsp
Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
Green capsicum – 1 large
Red capsicum – 1 no.
Yellow capsicum – 1 no.
Spring onions – 2-3 no.
Broccoli –1 piece small
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Ajinomoto – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Boil the potatoes. Do not overboil. Make sure they are not fully cooked. Boil them till they are 75% cooked.
2. Let them cool. Now peel them and use a fork to pierce them lightly on the side.
3. Wash the green, red and yellow capsicum. Cut them into large pieces. Keep it aside.
4. Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces and keep it aside.
5. Wash the spring onions. Slice the bulbs and keep the green sprig aside.
6. Take a wok and add half the olive oil to it. When the oil gets hot, add the ginger garlic paste to it. Keep the flame high and cook till the paste gets brown. Keep on stirring continuously.
7. Now break the red chilies into two with your hands and add it to the wok.
8. Slit the green chilies lengthwise and add these too.
9. Add the sliced onions and cook for a minute.
10. Now add the baby potatoes. Keep on stirring continuously till the potatoes get fried from outside.
11. Add all the capsicum and broccoli. Cook for some time till the vegetables get tender.
12. Now add the ajinomoto, red chili sauce and soya sauce. Keep the flame high and coat all the vegetables with it.
13. Add vinegar to the dish.
14. Add salt to taste.
15. Serve hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens.
This is basically a Chinese dish. You can have it as a starter, or even have it as a side dish with the main course. In case you want, you can add it to your Indian meal too as a vegetable dish. Since this dish contains a lot of vegetables, it is a healthy one. In case you have children at home, you can reduce the amount of chilies. Or else, you can remove these once the dish is cooked. This way the flavor of the chilies will remain but it will not be that pungent.
The amount of oil can be adjusted in order to make the dish healthier. You can use olive oil or any other oil of your choice. Do make sure that you pierce the potatoes with a fork. This way the sauces will go inside the potatoes and enhance their taste. In case this is not done, the potatoes will taste bland. Do not add too much salt to the dish as the sauces already contain a lot of salt. This is a fast food item and must be served immediately after preparing. Keep the raw ingredients ready and cook only when people are ready to eat.